Yes Hello again and Welcome to another blog-post from yours truly in WozzaNoski!
Today I have for all of you glorious readers out there from the World Wide Web, a Summary of the last 3 weeks worth of events, matches and then some upcoming knockout stage fixtures from the SEN FED PRIDE CUP on behalf of the SEN 1116 Fans Federation.
It all started back on the 11-04-2012 at the Hattrick Time of 04.00 (Week 8 / Season 36). This date involved Round 1 of the Group Stage of our Cup, where 48 teams from Oceania (Mostly from the HT region of Victoria) went into battle against each other for Fed/Region Wide Glory! All games were automatically aranged through the hattriX-cupmanager website with the status being a Friendly with (Cup Rules). So 12 groups of 4 teams, where losses and draws wern’t going to be good enough to progress to the knockout stages, wins were all that mattered, every team needed at least 1 win from their initial 3 group games to be sure of progressing to the Final 32.. yes that’s right people… 32 teams actually progress from the starting 48, so theoretically the various managers involved had a good chance if they played their cards right from game 1!
So Round 1… let’s get this post flowing shall we?!
Biggest games from this round were;
leenyslosers : Yifto United 3 : 0,
– a crunch game straight up for both managers here, with leeny63 feeling he and his team have a great chance at winning this trophy at seasons end… coming up against a 2 time finalist and previous Champion in manager slipppy and on this occasion leeny63 took home the chockies with a comfortable 3-0 win, which probably says more about Yifto United’s chances this time around than it does for leenyslosers, with in previous seasons Yifto has had a cruisy type run to the later stages, and always seemed to rate well in these games… but not this time… The BIG BOYS are in town!
Liverpool_FC_03 : Sunshine Blues 0 : 3,
– Former Cup Champ team in Liverpool_FC_03 here came up against the Blues in what many people would class as a worthy Final, but hang on.. this is just Round 1, these two poor buggers were pushing shit up hill from the get go with an extremely tough group, so points here would be a struggle, a betting man like I am would have put his buckeroonies on the former Champ in Liverpool, but on this occasion it wasn’t to be and the Blues from Sunshine took a valuable win.
EVIL INCORPORATED : Quinn Kings 5 : 0,
– 1 Former Radio Show Host Vs a Current Radio Show Host, albeit from totally different areas of professionalism clashed here and not for the first time in their history and certainly wont be the last I’m sure.. Quinns who are managed by frankfanhock are in somewhat of a rebuilding phase after many years playing the game we all love in hattrick and EVIL INC. on the rise after doing my own rebuild just over 3 seasons ago now, EVIL were firm favourites here and showed their fancy moves all day with an easy 5-0 win.
Drumleagues United : Kewell Magic F.C 2 : 2 PS,
– 2 of the 3 expected group progressors were to be seen in this match which turned out to be an epic first hit out, a 2-2 draw after the first 90 minutes, which no winner could be found after the extra time period either, so penalties decided this 1, these 2 teams can seriously punch out the ratings where they want to so beware guys, only your A team will get past these 2.
Smitlick : FC Hihi 2 : 8,
– When I first saw the managers and teams in this group I was amazed at the evenness of their squads, but after seeing the end result in this match I was left scratching my head and wondering what has happened to smittyroos and his Smitlick team!? They got pummelled in every way, the positive from this game went to manager hihi01 who always enjoys the friendly banter pre and post games and was happy as larry with the extra goal difference for such an even group.
City Utd : Whites Wongs 2 : 1,
– The last game covered from Rd 1 involved another big rating team from last seasons cup in City Utd, and they were up against The Wongs who are no pushovers.. manager awrace has his team bopping along very quietly down in the lower levels of the Oceanian league system, and I’m sure this cup will be treated with respect, so this game went down to the wire with The Wongs only narrowly missing out on some points away from home.
And so then Round 2 of the Group Stage kicked off on Wednesday 18-04-2012 04.00 HT (9/36), trenches were dug after last weeks efforts by all, so now it was time for all out WAR!
Those that lost last week, needed wins, those that drew last week, couldn’t afford to lose this week, and those that won last week wanted to keep the form going!
aussie hammer : CollingwoodFC 3 : 1,
– Manager intone who is the current Chief Officer of the SEN FED and in charge of aussie hammer, was in action here and has always done his best to field strong teams in this Cup as the Cup is the Pride of the Fed, and this was no exception, pumping out some nice hatstats ratings on his way to a 3-1 home win against another 1 of the stronger teams fronm last season, but don’t forget that aussie hammer themselves are a former cup semi-finalist! So watch your step lads!
The Mighty Doggies : Sunshine Blues 1 : 3,
– arghhh another match here that truly shows the quality of this Fed Cup, The Mighty Doggies have done well in the past with a Cup Trophy win to their name many months ago now, but it’s certainly not forgotten, I would have thought a strong showing would be on the cards here but apparently a small rebuild has them a tad weaker in most areas of the pitch these days so again the Blues chalk up more points.
Quinn Kings : localh bandits 0 : 9,
– I’m sure frankafanhock wont mind me throwing this game in amongst it 😉 here is just a little more ammo from the group I was located in.. This match ended as the biggest drubbing of the group stage and shows that franka has plenty of work still to do with his team, but it also shows that the localh bandits will take no prisoners moving forward in this cup edition!
Seaford FC : Drumleagues United 2 : 2 PS,
– Does history ever repeat itself? well these 2 managers and teams certainly tried, with battle-stations from the past re-positioned.. with these 2 having competed against each other in a previous league series season, it was interesting to see who would come out on top.. but looking at the result, no-one really wanted to put their hand up so 2-2, and penalties it was.. surely room for improvement in these 2 camps?!
The Beg Tets : Casula United 0 : 5,
– 2 of my more favourite teams featured here in what manager kizza from Casula United claimed as a comfy win and guranteed them a spot in the next round, surely getting his fair share of a squeeze of The Big Tits.. (I mean, The Beg Tets!).. 😉 Kizza I am sure wants to burst a few bubbles in this cup, being from accross the border.
Yarra Park Bears : Whites Wongs 0 : 2,
– The Yarra Park Bears have a long history involved with our fed, albeit not lately, and when he got wind of this cup reforming and his envite was sent out he was in like flynn! Unfortunately for them though this game went down as another narrow loss, so all will need to be done in the final game if they have anychance of playing more matches against us lads…
And then just in the last few hours we have now completed Round 3 and therefore the SEN FED Cup Group Stage is now complete, with all stats updated and the knockout stage fixtures drawn together, it’s time to see what happened from today’s games.
Sunshine Blues : Failure McMuffins 1 : 1 OT,
– Again the Blues feature with 1 of the games of the week with these 2 teams being ranked 1st and second in their group after this above result, both managers are exctatic about it I’m sure, and the match itself resembled why that is fact.. a 1-1 draw with a winner found in Extra Time, big ratings for a simple friendly match, with no stone left unturned by both!
localh bandits : EVIL INCORPORATED 1 : 1 OT,
– A little bit of smack talk was dished out here pre-game by both managers in their speech bubbles, of which I WozzaNoski even gave my opposition a major heads-up about the tactics that would be used for the match and this was heard near the end of The OH Show Episode 40, funny fact is that localh manager heard it and still couldn’t get his team the win, with EVIL INC being lucky enough to score a winner in ET! That must dent the pride down at the bandits a little, still though.. the bandits are the real deal in this Cup!
Kewell Magic F.C : Seaford FC 4 : 2,
– The Magic dealt the Sharks a real bite of their own early in this match, I was watching it Live and thought at half time it was all over, then in true Dough_Boy style he and his team came out fighting, but alas it wasn’t enough, both of these teams are power-houses so expect to see both in the next round after they both accumulated enough points to do so.
Casula United : The Borough 1 : 3,
– Deflated is the word, and that’s how manager Kizza is feeling right now after seeing his team get nailed to the wooden post by The Borough, all was looking rosey for Casula after 2 games, but the 3rd was 1 to forget, let’s hope they pick themselves up and do NSW proud in a majority Victorian field… NOT!!!! haha 😉
Portsea Aggies : Lone Prong Athletic 6 : 1,
– Sperkins is a manager who has only been in the SEN FED for a few months but already he seems to be enjoying his banter with us all, especially involving his team the Portsea Aggies, in this cup, thus seeing his various posts in the Feds Cup Forum Thread, I reckon he quietly fancies his chances being 1 of the top seeded teams, and has qualified easily from his group with a resounding 6-1 win at home in front his loyal fans!
Whites Wongs : VS Vlissingen 5 : 1,
– The Wongs needed more points from this game with VS Vlissingen already through and so The Wongs came out all guns blazing in this match in order to get themselves through to the business end of the Cup. The 5-1 result however was slightly lopsided which has allowed The Wongs to be ranked as the top team from a tough group!
And so last but not least… here is how the next stage will look.. Yep it’s the Round of 32!
You lose from now on, and it’s curtains for you as a manager and your team!
Always remember to set your penalty takers as now it’s doubly important!
Blueblueboy888 : leenyslosers
Sunshine Blues : Houli’sHeroes
Bulleen Bashers : Marcnus FC
Seaford FC : Mt Evelyn Old Boys
The Borough : VS Vlissingen
Wallaroo Dogs : Portsea Aggies
Yifto United : Drumleagues United
EVIL INCORPORATED : Failure McMuffins
Southern Super Whites : Untouchables FC
Kingsbury Comets FC : papa cyclings crew
Whites Wongs : Casula United
FC Hihi : Lone Prong Athletic
Kewell Magic F.C : City Utd
I feel like chicken tonight : localh bandits
The Bomber’s Arsenal : CollingwoodFC
The Mighty Doggies : aussie hammer
Goodluck to all involved still, and may the Match Engine be with us all!
Thanks for reading, from Woz.